- Hot Dates
- May 1: CHS & Career Center visits, gr. 8
- May 12: Blood Drive in Upper Gym
- May 12: Project Healthy Family Night, 4-7 PM
- May 13: Parent Coffee, 7:30-8:30; Loons Game Field Trip, gr. 8
- May 14: Loons Game Field Trip, gr. 7
- May 22-25: No School - Memorial Day
- May 26: M-Step Testing begins, gr. 6
At Handy we believe in growing and nurturing the whole child. Part of that comes through character education. We do this by focusing on the six pillars of character - Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship (TRRFCC). Students are recognized and celebrated daily and weekly for demonstrating these pillars of character.
The 2nd annual Pajama Game was a huge success! The 8th gr Boys' Basketball team collected over 2,000 personal care items for the Bay Area Women's Shelter.
Wounded Warrior Project: Over $300 was donated to honor the late Sgt. Michael Cathcart. WWP presented HMS with a banner, now proudly displayed.
HMS Wildcats' food drive collected approx. 2,500 items for the Salvation Army!